Quite a long time before, on the desk-top far, far away...

Who has not wanted not only creating their very own guide, but seeing it in print o-n Amazon.com, having a copy for their bookshelf, getting 'five copies for my mother'?

Well, you will get it done for a $99 price and some cybernetic elbow grease. This page will show you how I did it, and chances are you can do it too. I've been reading for several years about Print On Demand, the neat new techology where you place in PDF documents on one end (One for the cover, one for the interiors) and an attractive, perfect-bound, bookstore-quality book arrives another. I've even seen the technology in action at an document imaging tradeshow (that's my career, from the way.)

I have known others who have used Print On Demand (POD) as a means to self-publish, including my very own father. To discover more, please glance at: amazon.com/mechanics-online-reputation-management-control/dp/1519762259. My problem with that is I've no place in my own garage for books, I do not need to get involved in the process of selling and delivery books, handling results, etc.

Suddenly, while Googling something a week ago, I stumbled on some excellent Goo. Amazon, the web bookstore, has absorbed a POD publisher called BookSurge, which makes it another Amazon department. Now I can publish it to Amazon/BookSurge, get my book project, pay a price, and VOILA! my book is on Amazon for everybody to buy. Get more on the affiliated essay - Click here: https://amazon.com/tyler-collins/e/b01a8gj4ie/. I-t delivers within 4-8 hours, BookSurge gives a 25% royalty to me within 60 days, I could also obtain five copies for my mother in a discount!

I sent BookSurge and was given an account manager, who I'll call Joseph (because his name is Joseph). Dig up extra info on our favorite partner link by browsing to https://www.amazon.com/tyler-collins/e/b01a8gj4ie. I inquired about the details of writing a book. For $599 I could have the hand-holding, mail us your manuscript version of the writing, or if I was brave, courageous, and could format my own PDFs, for $99 I could utilize the Author's Express system to publish my book projects.

$99 seemed just like the way to go, since my book generation project was made to be the precursor of numerous more games.

I went throughout the site, getting example PDFs, submission guidelines, and whatever else I can find. If you know anything at all, you will possibly wish to study about amazon.com/mechanics-online-reputation-management-control/dp/1519762259/. The site recomends applying Adobe -something or another- for text formating, and Adobe Acrobat 6 (not 7!) for PDF creation.

I decided from the git-go that Microsoft Word and PDF Factory Pro would need to work for me, because that's what I had o-n my desktop, and I don't want to spend months studying still another desktop publishing program, while I am sure it's an excellent one.

Besides, I had been contemplating writing these pages, and I wanted to come up with a procedure most everyone will be comfortable with.

The sole secret I took is that my address is plain text, without any images on it. I figured my first book is going to provide mainly if not entirely on Amazon, and a fairly cover is not that essential there. Regardless, I could always go back and enhance my version (The excess fee for resubmitting after the book is published.), both the interior or the address is $50

Sample files and an entire step-by-step description of how I arranged and published my three books (so far!) are at www.actasif.com/bookproject.