Quite a while ago, on a desk-top far, far away...

That has not dreamed of not only writing their own book, but seeing it in publications o-n Amazon.com, having a replica for their shelf, getting 'five copies for my mother'?

Well, now you can take action for a $99 charge and some cybernetic elbow grease. This site will show you how I did it, and odds are you may do it too. I've been reading for many years about Print On Demand, the nice new techology where you put in PDF files on one end (One for the cover, one for the interiors) and a beautiful, perfect-bound, bookstore-quality book arrives another. I have even seen the technology in motion at an document imaging tradeshow (that is my job, by the way.)

I've known as a means to self-publish, including my very own father other people who've used Print On-demand (POD). My problem with that's I've no place in my garage for books, I do not need to get involved in the process of marketing and delivery books, handling earnings, etc. Browse here at https://www.crunchbase.com/person/tyler-collins to read why to consider it.

Suddenly, while Googling something a week ago, I stumbled on some excellent Goo. Amazon, the online bookstore, has absorbed a POD manager called BookSurge, rendering it another Amazon division. To compare more, people can check out: amazon.com/mechanics-online-reputation-management-control/dp/1519762259/. Now I can take my book project, add it to Amazon/BookSurge, pay a fee, and VOILA! my book is o-n Amazon for all to purchase. It delivers within 4-8 hours, BookSurge pays me a 25% royalty within 60-days, I could even obtain five copies for my mother in a discount!

I sent BookSurge and was given an account manager, who I'll call Joseph (since his name is Joseph). Dig up further on our partner web site - Hit this webpage: https://www.amazon.com/mechanics-online-reputation-management-control/dp/1519762259. I inquired concerning the information on writing a book. Visiting amazon.com/tyler-collins/e/b01a8gj4ie/ possibly provides lessons you might tell your uncle. For $599 I could obtain the hand-holding, send us your manuscript version of the publishing, or if I was bold, bold, and could format my own PDFs, for $99 I could use the Author's Express program to add my book projects.

Because my book creation project was designed to be the forerunner of many more titles, $99 felt just like the approach to take.

I went throughout the site, getting example PDFs, submission guidelines, and other things I could find. The website recomends using Adobe -something or another- for text formating, and Adobe Acrobat 6 (not 7!) for PDF creation.

I decided in the git-go that Microsoft Word and PDF Factory Pro would have to benefit me, since that is what I had o-n my desktop, and I do not want to spend months learning another desktop publishing application, while I'm sure it is an excellent one.

Besides, I was already thinking about writing these pages, and I wanted to come back up with a process most everyone could be comfortable with.

The only real shortcut I got is that my address is plain-text, without images about it. I thought my first book will probably sell generally if not entirely o-n Amazon, and quite a cover is not that important there. In any case, I will always return and upgrade my version (The additional fee for resubmitting either the inner or even the cover is $50, when the book is published.)

Test documents and an entire step-by-step description of how I prepared and published my three books (therefore far!) are at www.actasif.com/bookproject.