Being a child I danced and shook to-the music of Elvis Presley along with the rest of the children in my own generation. I was surprised to know how he died from the application of drugs but even when I heard of his death I still was struggling to get the significance of it. Ive had decades to ponder the importance of it and I'm sure it doesnt are categorized as the heading of great experiences from my youth. To get other ways to look at it, we understand you check out: http://futurally.com/news/us-drug-overdose-deaths-drop-for-first-time-since-1990/0171711/. It's less complicated than it was when I first heard of it but I'm much too old now to just pass it off with an one-word cover all like, loss.

It's much worse than tragedy, it is an experience that or even carefully examined and assessed would slip by without anyone noticing that it is a risky double standard until they're dangerously near to repeating it within their own lives that our childhood rarely ever see.

No one would argue that Jimmy Hendrix was a forward thinking rock and roll musician but h-e died from a drug over-dose. No body would say they didnt believe Janis Joplin did a bang up job with songs like Bobby McGee but shes another medicine overdose injury. John Belushi made people laugh but h-e joined the ranks of the dead by drugs in his prime.

Enter the suicides like Freddy Prinze, Curt Cobain, and the list continues. It isnt the lives, the skills or the careers of those people that falls in to question; perhaps it is not really how they died that is the greatest double standard. What we are saying about these folks following their deaths could be the real problem.

To consistently make reference to the abilities, the lifestyles or the reputation of these people without regard to the situation of how they met their end is a dangerous oversight. It is a means of saying that death from suicide or drug overdose complements the area. Media demonstrates and extols their lives for the media cause, not for the youth who purvey the pop culture seeking role models and symbols. Oftentimes it is difficult enough to describe the lives they lived not as their deaths.

If we proceed to glorify the lives of individuals who fried their own brains to the stage of death showing kiddies fried eggs and comparing that with their brains on drugs could have little impact. If we keep giving our youth the company of their lives how wont additionally they be given by the method of their deaths?

I still have happy remembrances of days when I danced to the music of the King. Im now glad to say I have decided to dance to the song of a new King. That King never took medications, didnt commit suicide and defeat death in the place of using it to cop out. His death produces life for others; in fact there's no life without him.

Jesus could have lived the lowly living of a suffering Messiah but the Bible says he will get back as the omnipotent ruling King of Kings and Lords of Lords. Learn further on an affiliated link - Browse this webpage: US Drug Overdose Deaths Drop for First Time Since 1990. Thought 19:16.