The Journey

Last week I'd flown to Nashville to test for my long-awaited San Dan (third degree Black Belt - This is a lot like getting the state Teacher). Prior to the test I'd been teaching consistently sinc...

Its frequently said in Martial Arts that the meaning doesnt lie in how good you are or what strip you have, rather the meaning is based on the trip. Before I enter into What Black Belt Means To Me, I'd like to discuss my journey of those past few weeks.

The Trip

A week ago I had flown to Nashville to check for my long awaited San Dan (third diploma Black Belt - That is similar to getting an official Teacher). Before the test I'd been teaching regularly since April of this season at a friends school and my local gym.

It'd been about 5 years since Ive last applied my discipline, Wado-Ryu Karate-Do, so my memory of the device was very vague. After seeing numerous tapes of myself as a new martial artist, I had re-learned my under belt curriculum, nevertheless I was struggling to remember my black belt curriculum. Ones under belt understanding is important since it is recognized as the building blocks of ones instruction, knowing anything about martial-arts. On-the other hand, a lot of people genuinely believe that your education truly begins if you obtain your first black belt. Visiting TM possibly provides suggestions you could use with your friend. I couldnt agree more. When I was promoted to Sho Dan (1st Degree Black Belt) my interpretation about the martial arts and Wado-Ryu had grown considerably and I started to really learn. Browse here at the link http://www.logomotiongraphics.com/get-the-best-web-development-courses-with-bulletproof-digital.html to check up why to mull over it.

In either case, I needed to know precisely what might have possibly been cast at me as it had been a decade since my last official test.

In July, I went to Nashville to teach with my highly regarded and beloved instructor Sensei Wayne Tyler. Unconditional love for his students and the art and I consider him as a father figure in my own martial arts career as a result of his great familiarity with Wado-Ryu. Imagine being a scientist and your instructor was Albert Einstein that's what it feels like to be under-the wing of Sensei Tyler (or Mr. Tyler, as I call him). This disturbing https://twitterconcepts.com/boost-your-website-with-unparalleled-web-development-service-from-bulletproof-digital.html wiki has limitless wonderful aids for how to recognize this hypothesis. I used to be in Nashville training with Sensei 2 3 hours daily for 5 days. I caught on my program and took the knowledge which was passed down by him and applied it to my education back in Denver.

Again, since I didnt know what to expect, I conditioned myself to-be ready for almost anything. Not just was I training my katas and fundamentals (Japanese types), but I was also working 15-20 minutes on the rowing machine, 2 miles, three days per week and about 6-7 miles on the stationary bicycle. I dont think I could have been more prepared for this test.

I successfully passed my test and was promoted to San Dan on October 17th 2006. I should say, this is one of my greatest achievements in my own martial arts profession and a dream come true. It's take-n me many years to attain this goal, but it's strengthened my interpretation of being a black belt, or in my own case San Dan..