We all remember being a child and having mom harass us continually about washing our hands. With that in mind, for a pressure washer to clean effectively you need a minimum of 2000psi and 2gpm. Applying aloe or lotion can also help if you (for whatever reason) must frequently wash your hands. I won't tell you how to wash your hands because I assume Momma already taught you how to do that, but I will offer a couple of tips and tell you what to use after your hands are dry.

Because many soaps can strip the skin and cause them to be dry and cracked, Xu says to wash your hands with soap that's moisturizing. However, if your hands are visibly dirty, you #happybirthdaysong need to use soap and running water to clean the dirt off. Rub the top of your hands, between your fingers and under your fingernails.

Lather your hands by rubbing them together with the soap. If you're visiting for a long time or helping a patient, clean your hands regularly while you're there. Dry hands on a clean towel, which means it's been used no more than three times before getting tossed in the hamper.

First, wash hands for 20 seconds and look beyond Happy Birthday" as the primary count keeper. Unfortunately, many people don't know how to properly wash their hands or don't make the necessary effort. Posters, fact sheets, and more about washing your hands with soap and water.

Sanitizer also works only when it's still wet, so health experts advise against using paper towels to dab your hands. When you have something oily on your hands, running water won't get rid of it. Add soap to your hands - the hydrophobic tail will cling to the oil, and the hydrophilic head will stick to the water.

Dry your hands with a clean towel or paper towel. A lot of that is because nurses and doctors require hand hygiene hundreds of times a day — a soap and water wash that often would result in cracked and bleeding hands. Many caution against this DIY approach, as the end products can't be quality controlled for effectiveness, uniformity or safety, says Eric Rubin , an infectious disease researcher at Harvard's School of Public Health.

You'll also want to wash your hands more during flu season and if you're coughing and sneezing a lot, even if you are good about coughing into your elbow. Lather your hands, including the backs, between your fingers, and under your nails and scrub for at least 20 seconds.